photos at random

Photos from where???

my phone camera? haha. gosh. just praying tt these wld add to the fading colors on my blog. Haven't exactly been faithful in blogging about activities and others. But oh well, who's to blame? with a crazy schedule like mine.. one only dreams of sleep.. rest and snoring away on bus rides. haha.

can't wait for the msia trip. i certainly need a good break... and plenty of slp!

so back to the photos. lets see.. from now till lyke eons ago. here are just some random photos. hehe.

went to the zoo ytd with my cousins Yilin, Si Hui, Babe and his 3 maldivian frens. a treat for them certainly since there was hardly any animals to be found on the small islands there apart from snakes and fishes. haha. loads of fun definitely with the cousins.. always succeed in making me feel so washed out. they are lyke energizer bunnies. my gawd. somebody call an ambulance...

Yilin with the cut-out of a polar bear















White Mice put on exhibition in favor of the year of the Rat!
Watched 'Waitress' on DVD. it was a fantastic film... a bit abstract especially from a bakers point of view. Thoughts, provocative ones, spun out in thin threads, tied intimately to baking and its processes. I loved how the lead actress conveyed her emotion thru the baking of pies. and gorgeous lucious ones i must say. Vanilla Custard Banana Pie, chocolate Caramel Pie, Strawberry Chocolate Pie... my eyes were certainly treated to a spectacle and wide array of lovely desserts.


Jenna (
Keri Russell) is trapped in an unhappy marriage with a controlling,
jealous husband and the last thing she wants is a baby, so when she discovers she has fallen pregnant, she’s terrified of what the future holds.

In an effort to escape her husband, Jenna saves what money she can by working at Joe’s Diner where she creates amazing pies which she names after circumstances in her life like “I-Don’t-Want-Earl’s-Baby Pie”; “I-Hate-My-Husband Pie”; and “Falling-in-Love Pie”.
Jenna finds support in her friends Becky and Dawn, working southern women trying to make the most out of the little theyĆ¢€™ve been given in life and Old Joe who owns the pie shop where Jenna works.

Things seem hopeless for Jenna and dreams of a better life lost until she meets gynecologist Dr. Pomatter, a good looking man who treats her with love, generosity and simple kindness. He’s handsome. He’s kind. He’s neurotic. He’s married.

some quotes tt i loved from the filn include Jenna the lead actress saying to her unborn child still swishing away, "Dear Baby, I hope someday somebody wants to hold you for 20 minutes straight and that's all they do. They don't pull away. They don't look at your face. They don't try to kiss you. All they do is wrap you up in their arms and hold on tight, without an ounce of selfishness in it. " .. orh.. how true.. Another of my favourite is when she had enough of her sickening abusive husband right after giving birth and says 'I want you the hell out of my life. You are never to touch me, ever again; I am done with you. If you ever come within six yards of me, I will flatten your sorry ass and I'll enjoy doin' it. '.. and as she says tt, the husband jumps up in rage, all whilst the lovely orchestra serenades and the lady stares at her newborn child in awe and admiration. there was so much love in her eyes... it was a moment where nothing in the world mattered anymore except for the lovely thing in front of her. Oblivion...

totally watch-worthy this show! plus it send u on journey of sugary treats for the eyes. ca-ching. one more plus point!


okie, back to nonsensical stuff (hmph.. lyke any of it makes sense anyway), here's a shot of my work desk at Embraer. hehe. a cosy little corner just for me. but there's no avoiding the prying eyes of pple walking pass. sigh.. so much for privacy. haha. doesn't help tt many websites are blocked by the local server. haha.


this is Danny the bear.. he's a gift for Jaryl (my colleague) from his kids on father's day. isn't tt sweet. hehe. Danny keeps me accompany most of the time. haha. to everyone's delight of course. a little childishness in the workplace does wonders to relieve stress some times. Helps having the farniest boss and jovial colleagues ard. hehe. *smilez*... i lurve my job. tee hee.

this is the view from my office pantry on the 24th floor of Takashimaya. coffee from the coffee machine is lyke a fountain, free flowing. Thick and generously choking in a way. Brazilians sure dun like their coffee watered down. Its good nonetheless. Bak Kwa was brought in recently for the office staff. the Brazilians were awe-d by the sweet meat which was a far cry from the salty savoury stuff served up in most Brazilian Churrascaria. hehe. was a pretty entertaining experience to watch their faces twitch as they made their way thru the cut of barbequed pork.

now, for some reallie back-dated shots. hehe. All the way from the Spain trip. which reminds me! I have yet to finish blogging about it! RAWR. haha.



A quick trip to the other end of the world. now's tts a little more color and scope injected. hehe. Hope u guys enjoyed ur weekend! 2 more days of work before its back to holiday-ing! *woots*.. hehe. can't wait to catch up on some more slp.

Meanwhile, its back to fulfilling the cny orders. Tata kiddos!

No comments: