A380: an even greater way to fly?

GOsh..its official, my back is broken. Must be becoz of all the weird positions i've been assuming in yoga class. Weird..but i still keep going back for more. Madness.

Came across an article in the papers titled "A380: an even greater way to fly". perhaps its just me but i find this publication very disturbing. haha.

so basically the article starts off with a simple sentence that blows my socks off. " LESS economy, more profit" OMG!!! somehow or another the equation doesn't tally in my head. perhaps only my aero design group will understand my frustrations towards this articled. FOr the benfit of you non-aero folk out there, it was a case of battling of wits in deciding our ticket prices for the economy and business class in our recent aero design project which was to design the interior of an A380. Our groups's mantra, more economy seats to secure a higher premium and do away with the first class seats as we see these as non-profitable due to its low filling capabilities especially during long-haul flights. Gosh..our directly opposing views to those stated by SIA have left me dumb-founded. Are we so short-sighted?

In the article it is stated that SIA has no qualms about pampering its higher earning clients as this is the niche market that sustains its business. Tt my group has failed to see during the course of the project.

Bah..so enough about our marketing strategy being highly profitable..just a load of crap. hehe.

No comments: