I can’t believe its only 2 days to the start of my papers and another 3 more weeks to the end of all my misery. Haha. For the sem at least. Well.. time sure catches up with u when u least expect it. Haha.

Just had dinner with my family at Blooie’s Roadhouse where I went with accompanied with my friends Lin Sui and Catherine during the hols, It is a pretty nice place with a laidback atmosphere. The grub they offer there are the standard pub food that u’ll get. Burgers, chips, onion rings.. But I must say tt their food is rather good. I had the Black pepper chicken which was tender beyond words and grilled to perfection. It was topped with the most glorious of sauces, portabello mushroom sauce which perfectly displayed the freshness and the natural taste of the mushroom. Being a big fan of mushrooms on the whole, I immediately took a strong liking to the sauce. Accompanied with my trusty pint of hoegarden..the meal was beyond perfect. In order to satisfy our sweet palate, we ran across the road to the gourmet deli and took away a piece of lavender cheesecake. Think.. LAVENDER..my gosh..what an intriguing combination of flavours.. the exotic yet appeasing scent of lavender incorporated into the rich and dense cheesecake. For me, it was a very successful combination that provoked the senses and tantalized the tastebuds. Upon the first bite, I tasted a bunch of spices that included Nutmeg, a slight hint of Cinammon and a strong dose of Ginger that really helped to set the cheesecake apart from the usual ones offer at cafes. Divinity in the form of a cake… *Yumz*

Baked a cake for two birthday boys today in church. Though it was generally meant for one initially, but nvm..the more the merrier! Haha.. so there it was…my strawberries and cream cake.

No comments: