TWD: White Chocolate Brownies

Photobucket


Most of know that white chocolate does not equate brownies. After all, that only accounts as cocoa butter. So what are these exactly? Recieving the curious stares of an onlooker upon my claim that these were in fact white chocolate brownies isn't exactly very welcoming. Neh... I proclaim them to be white chocolate cake instead!

Crisp on the outside with the signature rippling of its surface skin (almost like a real brownie) yet chewy and fragrantly sweet on the inside. These were good, but nothing extraordinary. Given that fact, I could still have managed to pop a few in one sitting. Now I heavily regret baking it in the wilton brownie pan that warrant 'dainty' portions with a not so dainty temptation factor. ARGH. Well at least I skipped the meringue topping, that ought to dodge a few extra calories won't it?

Photobucket


Thank you Marthe from Culinary Delights for choosing this weeks' recipe.

Please visit the link for the recipe!

Photobucket


Next week, tender shortcakes!!!

17 comments:

natalia said...

Ciao ! i love your financiers no-brownies !

Valerie Gamine said...

White chocolate cake indeed! Fabulous work. :)

Tia said...

mmm more crust to brownie ratio. great!

mine morphed into Salty/Sweet Brown Butter Frosted Brownies!

chocolatechic said...

Beautiful brownies.

mike said...

What a great idea - I think that's how they should be made! More crust... yes! These look beautiful - truly - so nicely presented (and delicious, I'm sure) - even without the meringue!

Snooky doodle said...

these look delicious !

Cindy said...

The little squares are too cute! I thought they were addictive morsels. Loved the raspberry 'zing'!

Marthe said...

Your brownies look so pretty naked!

Cakelaw said...

LOL - yes, they were like white chocolate cake (in my case, the bits that were cooked anyway).

Paula said...

I've been wondering about that brownie pan. Do I need one?

Sihan said...

Romaine: I don't think you really need the brownie pan. Besides, removing the brownies from the silicon trays was a rather heart-stopping event. A few teared and scarred along the way. Those just went into my tummy thereafter. Explains the tummy ache I got.

Piggy said...

I should bake my brownies in a mini pan like yours, then I think they'll be fully cooked. If mine turned out as pretty as yours, I will eat a few pieces at one sitting too!

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

yours look lovely. i agree --- totally white chocolate cake.

Hindy said...

Love your little squares of brownie!

margot said...

I love the cute little brownie squares. Your pictures are lovely.

Jacque said...

You're right, they are misnamed. Once I got used to the idea that they were more cake like they seemed to taste a little better. Yours are cute!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

these were cake for sure! the taste reminded me of the friands i'd get in the sydney coffee shops...and in the shape you baked them in, they look like friands, too!