Wild Honey for Brunch

Breakfast has evolved from a non-descript meal in the past to an extremely important yet simple ritual for me each morning. Washing down a couple of hot toasties topped a swab of peanut butter and jam with a cup of soy milk english breakfast or perhaps a bowl of crunchy nut cereal just to switch it around a little bit; I just can't do without breakfast, period.

I can't say the same for the many of you late risers out there though...

So back to breakfast,I had to try out wild honey after hearing all the cheers and praises shrouding this all-day breakfast place located at the mandarin gallery. Armed with personal recommendations and no reservations for a weekday morning, I was surprised to find the place relatively packed with the usual business partners at one corner, a threesome family affair on another and a trigger happy couple on the other complete with a few lonely but contented caucasian diners on the side.

Photobucket


Almost immediately as I plopped down on the comfy couch placed strangely in the center of the dining area, I fell in love with its outlandish style. Mismatched floral prints complete with smooth wooden floors, chalkboards mounted on the walls and a gorgeous countertop segregating the ordering counters from the seating area.

Photobucket


Food wise, I had the european breakfast ($18) complete with a cappuccino to wash it down. The former was excellent by my standards, featuring beautifully poached eggs wrapped in Italian proscuitto and served on thick brioche complete with sauteed field mushrooms. Hefty in portions, this was sufficient to keep me fuelled the entire day!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Peeping over at my fellow accomplices' plate, he had the Belgium breakfast consisting of fluffy waffles sandwiched with grilled mango. With toasted coconut strewned all over the plate and the waffles, I was sold upon my first bite. But he claims that it was a tad disappointing. *shuffles feet* My advice, stick with the savoury sets.

Photobucket


So would I visit Wild Honey again? Yes I would, considering the fact that it reminds me of brunch in Melbourne on a gloomy grey sky morning. Lovely... You would probably consider this place as well should you need a refuelling session before heading for shopping spree nearby.

Photobucket


Wild Honey
333A Orchard Road
#03-02 Mandarin Gallery
Tel: +65 6235 3900

No comments: