Popo's BDAE

HAPPY BDAE POPO!!!
went popo's bdae at vivocity today with moi family, cousins and auntie. Chose some fancy-smhancy resturant with EXTREMELY queer deco. I mean lyke REALLIE WEIRD.. think palm shaped chairs with fingers as back rests in all different colours, and with 5 surrounding one table, it sorta resembled a lotus flower in some way. haha. Was pretty fugly. thank goodness we didn' get to seat on those chairs. haha. Instead we were directed towards the normal chinese wedding banquet type of tables which i didn't like very much either, but the view was awesome albeit for the sunny weather and the blue skies. I missed out on the ordering part as i had to make a short trip to the toilet. when i returned, realised tt my family had ordered some set meal thingy. To my dismay of course; coz one of my favourite things to do upon entering a new restaurant was to look through the menu and do a mini break-down of it. TOo bad i was denied the chance...

Well, the food wasn't tt bad after all. And i totally digged the mushroom dish. the mushroom flavour was just so robust..so full-bodied. WAH!!!. haha. kk..enough. tt was about it for the whole meal. Nothing spectacular or different from the usual chinese fare. PLUS it was expensive! but this was partially off-set by the good service provided from the staff. Personally i thought this was only possible due to the lack of customers in the shop at that time. but we'll just give them some credit to this point. haha.

after lunch, i wondered off to page one(the bookshop at vivocity) by myself to look for my books. and guess wat? i found em'!!! haha.. WOOPEE! super duper excited. hehe.

For me, weekends are a good time to bring out my baking inspirations..chill out.. do a little baking both for myself and my family. just love looking through my recipes and then shortlisting a few tt i was interested in baking. Well, today i took inspiration from martha stewart and decided to bake ourselves(me and my family) a banana cake which was evidently a good choice given the recent abundance in bananas in my home pantry (and NO we dun grow bananas in our backyard, my father just loves buying big bunches of them back home). So there we have it. the lovely scent of bananas floating through the house, filling every nook and cranny. by the end of the baking hour, we were all hooked and often u wld find a curious onlooker peeping into the oven...


in the end, verdict is that cake was moist and springy and not too sweet. more suited for a tea time treat rather than a decadent after-dinner dessert. pity the bananas weren't tt sweet, in fact they were a little sour, probably due to the fact tt they hadn't fully ripen. DAMM the impatient me. haha. So do we blame the baker or the sour bananas?

No comments: