Fingerprint Cookies!

Innocently dubbed the thumbprint cookie, this gives a tremendous insight into the history of this delightful cookie. Essentially a shortbread cookie rolled in either chopped nuts or coconut, the cookie batter is then rolled into balls followed by an instinctive thumb press action which creates an indentation for the jam.

Photobucket


Following my recent obsession with all things mini, I rolled the balls of cookie batter into tiny balls only to find that pressing my hideously large thumb into it would cause some really catastrophic results. (thinking back on it, I figured that I could have use the handle of a spatula to better effect. But oh well...) In an attempt to keep to the minaturized theme, I stuck my pinkie into the center of the cookie dough instead. Problem solved!

therefore the name 'fingerprint cookies'.


Thumbprint Cookies

60g butter
30g caster sugar
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup ground almond

Roughly Chopped Pistachios

Egg White

Jam


Cream the butter and caster sugar together till fluffy.

Mix the flour and ground almonds together. Whisking to ensure incorporation. Add the flour mixture to the creamed butter.

Mix till a dough is formed. Round it up into a ball and stick it in the fridge for at least half an hour.

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.

Beat the egg white lightly. Roll the cookie dough into balls, dip into egg white and roll in chopped pistachios.

Create an indentation with your thumb (in my case, pinkie). Placed cookies on a baking tray lined with baking parchment.

Bake for 13mins. Allow the cookies to cool on the rack, filling each indentation with you choice of jam (apricot, blueberry, strawberry,..) during the wait.

Photobucket


Enjoy your cookies at your own risk. Note that these are terribly addictive!



Does he love you like he loves me?
Does he think of you when he's holding me?

No comments: