Celine Dion

Studying French... then i came across a Celine Dion song..wee hee

In case u guys didn't knoe, Celine Dion is Canadian born and bred...she first acheived success in francophone Canada, gaining recognition in Europe, before shifting her attention to anglophone music market where she then again prove to be a versatile and truely talented artiste. In fact..I must confess to being a fan of Celine in younger days..often insisting the volume be turned on in the car whenever her tracks came on and before you knoe it..i'll be crooning at the top of my lungs..(*gawd*... u must be cringing already.) Yeh..she has some reallie good tracks I must admit..like 'All by myself', 'Have you ever been in love', 'The prayer' and of course a personal favourite of mine 'Tell him'. hehe..


Anyway I stumbled upon one of her earlier tracks.. a French one of course...(i was 'supposedly' studying French remember?..hehe). So decided to give it a go at translating this one.


Pour Que Tu M'Aimes Encore
So that you will still like me


Fallait pas commencer m'attirer me toucher
Was it necessary to start to attract me, to touch me?
Fallait pas tant donner moi je sais pas jouer
Was it necessary to give me so much? When i know I can't play?
On me dit qu'aujourd'hui, on me dit que les autres font ainsi
I was told today, I was told that the others made thus.
Je ne suis pas les autres
I am not different from the rest.
Avant que l'on s'attache, avant que l'on se gâche
Before one gets too attached, before one gives oneself away. (wastes)

Je veux que tu saches
I want you to know that...
J'irai chercher ton cœur si tu l'emportes ailleurs
I will search for your heart even if you carry it elsewhere.
Même si dans tes danses d'autres dansent des heures
Even if it dances with others during your dance hours...
J'irai chercher ton âme dans les froids dans les flammes
I will seek your heart in the freezing cold, in the flames.
Je te jetterai des sorts pour que tu m'aimes encore
I will throw in my everything so that you will still like me.


My God...wat a desperate woman ... *slaps forehead*

No comments: