baking galore...

BAKING!!! my new found passion. Yesh yesh..hehe.. Went down to Phoon Huat ytd at jurong east. According to my tution kid and another friend of mine, it is a one-stop shopping paradise for all ur baking needs. Curious to seek the truth, I ventured far far far ( okie maybe not so far) into the heartlands of jurong east to find the cornershop. To my surprise. It was quite big by my standards. And..it had everything tt i needed for baking. From cinammon powder to vegetable shortening... It was simply amazing!!! I was practically like a little gurl stuck in a toy shop. I was ecstatic... hopping ard the shop, peering at all the ingredients.. I was inspired.. an endless list of recipes appearing in my head. God...I was on a high. I have found my new passion... Tee hee.

The aftermath of my crazy half-hour shopping spree wasn't so pretty after that. I found myself lugging approximately 7kg of goods back home. Bah... Gurls..when will they ever learn to stop. Heh.

half of my killer load

So I proceeded to use the quiet afternoon to attempt baking cookies. I chose Chocolate Chip and peanut butter surprise cookies. Perfect by me as I'm a big fan of both chocolate and peanut butter. Yums.. It wasn't long before the kitchen was filled with the smell of freshly made batter in the oven.. I cldn't wait.

TADA!!! these cookies may seem like simple chocolate chip cookies but actually there's a mini twist to it. Inside there, a surprise lays waiting to be discovered... peanut butter!!! yummy..hehe. Kor said its nice and even compared it to his favourite cookies from mrs fields. Yay...an achievement for me. (it was quite good by my church frens standards... I made mummy bring a jar to church for their tasting. Heh..church aunties are tough critiques okie. Hah)

Whats more was I planned to bake another cake. A mango marshmellow cake, from a recipe that caught my eye off this blog. Hope it turns out well...coz I reallie want something to bring to my hockey gurl frens gathering today! *cross fingers* Promise to show u more pics when its ready.

Gotta get ready to go out soon. Going to catch the matinee show for ' my fair lady' the musical later at the esplanade. not so enthusiastic about it though. My throat is killing me and my nose won't stop running...

No comments: