chocolate cake for a little gurl

Chocolate Cake for a little gurl

halfway through. I can only heave a sigh of relief. that leaves 3 more papers till the end 3rd May.. which seems soo far away given that time passes by at snail's pace now a days.

Finally done with aero materials paper today. Thank goodness I haven't decided to take up the material sciences course in NUS. Can just imagine all my brain cells constricting from the exertion of having to squeeze in all those facts. Guess today's paper was quite odd in sense tt our reading materials were very wordy as compared to the usual mathematical and formulae style of learning tt we've adopted ever since we entered this course. Memorisation and regurgitation of the facts was a thing of the past. However it was brought to life in this paper. and obviously I had lost my skills in that area.. haha. BUt overall, it was okie. I have no expectations whatsoever for this paper..we'll just have to wait for the results don't we?

So now, I'm back at home... with my freshly baked chocolate cake in the fridge. No touching tt one either since its for a customer tommorrow. Its ordered by a mum for her little gurl. That i find brings back many memories to me. Fuzzy warm memories. I recall tt my mum once bought a reallie gorgeous chocolate cake for my birthday when i was little. Not tt it was the best cake in the world or anything. But I was contented... it was not just a cake. It was a gift of love, something warm that touched deeply into my soul. That's what baking is about, it ain't about the end product, its about the memories and emotions connected to the cake that should be the highlight... and tts what i strive to do in my baking.. leave warm and beautiful memories for the people who savour my cakes...to make a difference...

No comments: