Breeching the Old Ages

Breeching the Old Ages... 21...

it seems like yesterday when i thought the age of 21 was something far away. Escape, all i wanted to do was to escape from the reaches of adulthood, to run from the reality of the truth. Yes, we all do grow up... we all do accquire heavier responsibilties, and we all do have to outgrow the phase of immaturity... No more toys, no more scubbles with siblings, no more caning, no more tantrums. Hmph.. maybe just a little. hehe.

As it seems, we can never defy the laws of time, and as every day passes, you know you've only got one shot at it. And time is never rewindable, each passing day becomes a part of history. something part of distant memory. Hence, it is with such a reason that we should adopt a uncanny zest and motivation for living. This I am working on.. coz i never want to wind up sitting on my couch 50 yrs down the row wondering whether I am happy with the way i had lived my life.


Given the joyous nature of the occasion, I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to give thanks for my lovely family members for whom I thank God everyday for bestowing on to me. Though every family has its flaws and quirks, it is these imperfections that mould me to be what I am today.



I've had somewhat an ugly past... I wouldn't deny that I've stumbled upon several periods of darkness. Times where I got lost in an onslaught of monstrous thoughts and trickery of the mind. But with the help of my very supportive parents, family members, Auntie Nora and God, i have pulled through. And for that I am grateful...


Lets sidetrack a little, so to get some facts straight in case u guys are wondering, its not my REAl bdae today. I and my family had a wonderful dinner at Corduroy and Finch situated at Bukit Timah Road to celebrate my bdae which was to be 1 week later since my daddy and brother are going overseas later this week. So yep... so returning back to the dinner. Everything was scrumptious... the food was done to perfection, the wine was lengthy and crisp. and needless to say, the company was priceless.

Halfway through the dinner, mum made everyone make a mini speech about me. there was freedom of speech of course, meaning that everyone was free to shoot me down. haha. Despite that, the session turned out to be uber touching. I was on the brink of tears on several occasions as family members recalled the past and their most dear memories with me. to my family: I love all you guys and i couldn't ask for more in a family. you guys have given me so much to live for and I pray to God that we would have many more beautiful memories to build together.

the chandelier hanging from the high ceiling provided a beautiful and almostly intoxicating highlight to the entire place. Enchanting and drawing people into its supple glow.

Together with the effects of the two bottles of wine kicking in slowly yet steadily.. i was drawn into a world where harsh reality stood beyond the borders of presents thoughts. everything was sweet... i was numb. strangely, though i was aware of the onset of such a parallel universe, i embraced it and basked in its strange presence.

and must i add, the dessert platter made me smile the widest. the assortment of sweet endings ranged from the humble, warm apple crumble to the downright haughty, macarons. compliments going out to the pastry chef at c&f. *smilez* a perfect ending to a perfect dinner with the family. Perhaps tts how bdaes should be spent after all...

i enjoyed myself a lot more than i ever did in a long time...

No comments: