Nassim Hill: Where I go to for my Reubens


I shall expound the truth. 

The story I tell people is that the only place where I've had a decent reuben sandwich here in Singapore is at Nassim Hill. Truth is, I've only had one locally, this one, and my heart was sold on the subject matter. Period.

My partner relished in the Nassim Hill Double Decker burger ($21), one that sought special attention with a gargantuan poster beckoning from the walls but mellowed in size in reality. With a swish of house made special sauce, 2 beef patties with grilled balsamic onions, lettuce and tomatoes squished between two  lightly toasted buns; this was a lukewarm attempt at a burger. Save for the bread, the entire affair was at best, homely - pedestrian.

My Hot Reuben ($18) on the other hand, satisfied all of my wildest dreams. Corned beef made even sexier with a draping of melted emmental cheese, sauerkraut galore, onions and creamy Russian dressing on the signature Asahi Kuronama beef bread. I attacked the sandwich with a vengeance so hard, unhindered by lingering negative thoughts of carbohydrate control. We'll leave that to some other day, the beer bread is just too hard to pass up. *cheeky grin* 

On a side note, check out their happy hour deal which run from 8am-8pm daily. Don't say I didn't let you in on this!


Nassim Hill Bakery.Bistro.Bar
56 Tanglin Road
Tanglin Post Office #01-03
t: 6835 1128

Opening Hours:
Tues-Sun: 8am - 11pm

No comments: