the procrastinating, apathetic, indolent me

One down and one more test to go this week! hehe. Aerodynamics was okie..was kinda amazed that I could even handle the questions. Haha..was thinking to myself 'hmph, i can actually do SOMETHING" *Snigger*

Its a public holiday tmr but too bad i'll most probably be cooped up at home studying for wed's test, Mechanics of Materials. Sigh.

Think I'm becoming kinda lazy... I just seemed to have lost my drive..will to work.just *poof*..gone with the wind. Haha. Beats me why this would have happened..Perhaps its because I have reached a point where I see no hope in salvaging the situation, I'll just never be able to do well this semester no matter how hard I try. Its just too daunting on my spirit to carry on this way. But I guess it may be a good thing after all. Carrying a much lighter attitude towards everything has just kinda set me in a better mood and to see the rest of the things in life which are more important and tt i've otherwise neglected. Also, I've learnt to men are not in control of everything including their destinies. and sometimes when things get out of hand, maybe its prime time to let go and leave it God.

Anyway came across a nice video today. http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com/ Produced by Dove..it shows how societal's perceptions of beauty is affected by the media. Sometimes because of the wrong potrayal of true beauty, people gather inaccurate ideas of what beauty really is. We've got to come to terms with the fact that what you see on movies, posters, magazines, the showcasing of perfection, in terms of physical proportions, flawless complexions...etc.. many of these are NOT REAL!!! In an attempt to create the image that models are perfect beings who do not suffer from the problem of cellulite and whatever norms that an average woman would, they have resorted to using digital technololgical means to alter the images, leading the consumers of these photographs to think that since there are such 'perfect beings' in this world, whats stopping them from being one? Its unhealthy as well as unforgiving that society is forced to conform to the expectations of itself. A viscious cycle that drives people to do stupid things...

What's the world coming to???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't give up on yrself when there is still so much to fight for. Press on for another 30days or so and it'll make a difference. I'm sure you will be well rewarded and your efforts will not go to waste. Of course you got to take some time to rest whenever you need to. You can still do well this semester. Go for it! =D